What are the chances that will ultra sound, pinching massage, and singulair will reverse my capsular contracture?

Several tubular breast corrected with a silicone implant and only having to do a lift on my right breast was needed. I had the initial surgery about a year ago! I then had a second surgery to correct a double bubble that occurred in my right breast about 6 months after surgery. My doctor corrected this, but 2 days after the 2nd surgery I noticed my right breast sat higher then my left. Over the past 7 months my right breast has become very hard but still has a good shape.

CC Treatment

Good evening! Those treatments can work in about 50% of patients in my experience if they are started very early in the process. At seven months progression I doubt they will be able to reverse it- sounds like you are going to need a capsulectomy. I have attached a link to my Breast Augmentation Revision photo gallery for your review- hope it helps!

Thank you for your question and sorry to hear that you are having problems with capsular contracture. Although there are several non-surgical remedies available, and some of them can be effective, I find that most of them "help" the problem, but never really make the problem go away. Those things may give you some relief and improvement, but you may ultimately need surgery to make the problems get better. Check with your implant manufacturer, because some of them now offer warranty plans that help you cover the costs of surgery and new implants for capsular contracture.Best of luck!

Capsular contracture

In my experience, ultrasound, Singulair and massage have not reliably treated established capsular. Over the last year or so, we've had good experience in our office using acoustic sound waves from a machine called Z – wave. Several treatments, days apart, over several weeks, have successfully remedied some early capsular contractures. Ultimately, surgical removal of the capsule and replacement within an ADM such as Strattice has been universally successful in our practice. Hope this is helpful. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

I am sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced.   It is  not possible to help you with specific predictions; your plastic surgeon will be the best resource when it comes to assessment, advice, and predictions.
In my experience, "early" encapsulation (breasts still somewhat soft) can be reversed utilizing the measures you mentioned; in my practice we usually use these measures for three months before determining whether surgical intervention is necessary.
In my practice, when surgical intervention becomes necessary, I have found the most success treating these difficult problems utilizing techniques such as sub muscular pocket conversion (if relevant), capsulectomy, use of fresh implants, and the use of acellular dermal matrix (especially for recurrence of encapsulation). 

You may find the attached link/video helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

May make slight improvement

Thanks for the great question and i'm sorry you're having these problems with the capsule. Although singular, massage, and ultrasound may make a slight improvement in your capsule, the only way to really fix it is through surgery. The good news is that most of the breast implant companies have warranties on their implants against capsular contracture so they will most likely cover a portion of the cost of another surgery. It may be time to see another plastic surgeon to get a second opinion on what the best course of action is to get you to where your breasts are soft again. Sorry this is happening to you and best of luck in the future!~Dr. Sieber