Can areola repositioning help reduce gap between breasts after BA? (Photos)

Dr suggested crescent shaped incision around areola to move nipples more to the middle. DO I NEED THIS PROCEDURE? Will it reduce the appearance of the gap, since implants are placed directly behind nipple? Age 27. 116 lbs Height:5'4 width breasts:R-13 cm L-12.8 cm nipples-collar bone:R- 19 cm L-18.7 cm height breasts:R- 12 cm L-11.9 cm I hope for 350-375 cc silicon *mentor moderate profile plus implants, under the muscle with no incision preference yet.

Can areola repositioning help reduce gap between breasts after BA?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  A crescent breast lift is  absolutely NOT necessary;  it will accomplish nothing of significance, and will expose you to risks of areola distortion/elongation/poor scarring.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Based on your description, I think it would behoove you to seek additional consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.