3 days post-op. Headache on left side of head, about 35-40 minutes after pain medicine. Should I be concerned?

Should I be concerned about the headaches after my hydrocodone daily?

Thank you for your question. If you are having headaches postop, it could very possibly be due to the pain medication. Or it could be a symptom of something else going on. You should contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns. If your surgeon is not addressing the concern and you still feel like something is going on, you might need to contact your primary doctor to be evaluated.Best of luck!

Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 9 days ago

Pain medication side effects

The most common side effects af narcotic pain medication are nausea, vomiting, and constipation. Headache is also not an uncommon side effect of pain medicine. You should stop taking it and take Tylenol or Motrin (if OK with your surgeon). If the headache persists, you need to see a physician for evaluation.

Patricia A. McGuire, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 5 days ago