Why do I have pain from liposuction surgery performed 5 years ago?

Pain After Liposuction

I am unsure what pain youre describing. I suggest seeing a physician with experience to evaluate your concerns.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction - still in pain after 5 years

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • No one can answer your question without examining you and know what kind of machine was used.
  • If you had laser or vaser liposuction, the heat under the skin can damage nerves and cause chronic pain.
  • I suggest you consult a plastic surgeon as a first step to see what is going on.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Pain after lipo

if ultrasound was used, nerves can be damaged though 5 years is a bit long. Might ask your doctor for a short course of Lyrica, 75-150, HS for a couple of weeks. Was the doctor a board certified plastic surgeon. If not, go see one and good luck.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Dr derby

Thank you for your question. It is very important to talk this over directly with the surgeon that performed the surgery 5 years ago. best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD