What Specialist Should I See About Ptosis Ache?

I had ptosis repair one eye more than year ago [still had a minor 1mm ptosis after that], about a month after that been having a dull ache whenever that eye lifts up, dull ache starting from the back of the head area (feels like behind eyelid) and going towards neck. Same eye also feels stiff & tight. The PS has already retired, so just wondering what specialist I should see for possible revision[ and to get rid of the problem].

Doctor Answers 2

Eye ache

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The best person to help you is your prior surgeon as he/she knows your history/surgery the best.  However, second opinion is reasonable.  I recommend an oculoplastic surgeon, who knows how to treat eyes and surrounding structures (eyelids, brows, etc).

Dr T.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 91 reviews

See a specialist

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It doesn't matter whether you see a plastic surgeon who specializes in eyelid surgery or an oculoplastic surgery.  The plastic surgeon who retired may have a doctor who took over his practice and you may want to speak to him or her first.  Good luck.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.