Is it normal to still be nerve pain 3 months s/p mastopexy??? My incision is rope like, and painful.

There isn't any redness, or drainage, but the incision is swollen....., not angry swollen, but feels like a very thin rope.

3 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
I recommend you to talk with your plastic surgeon about the pain and follow his advices.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Painful scar

Painful scars can happen if there is irritation to the area, a history of infection, or a reaction to the suture. Some individuals can develop raised itchy scars known as hypertrophic scars or even keloids. It does depend a little on where the scar is. It is hard to say without seeing a photograph but at 3 months if you have a painful scar you should follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon to make sure there are no open wounds and perhaps start scar massage or other things like steroid or laser to help with the scar. Best, MMT

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your continued pain.  Depending on the exact procedure performed some patients may have delayed irritation of the nerves of the skin leading to a burning or electrical type sensation.  By three months you should have been seeing steady improvement in this discomfort, however, so if it has not, be sure to see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation and discussion. 

Incision issue

If you are having issues with your incision,. then you should be evaluated in person. you may need treatment of the scar either with steroid injections, topicals, or silicone sheets.