Am I a Potential Candidate for Tip Plasty? (photos)

I'm from South Carolina and I'm wanting to go to Florida to get a tip plasty done. I don't want to make the trip there and then get turned down because that would be a wasted trip. Do any of ya'll think I would benefit from a tip plasty? I know that my nose is kinda crooked but I only want to get the tip taken care of for now. I can take care of the bridge by contouring with makeup, but I can't do that with the tip because of its weird square shape.

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty with tip refinement would be indicated.  This involves reducing and suturing the tip cartilage for a more refined look.  Sometimes cartilage grafts can be added as well.  If you are doing the tip, then addressing the dorsum is usually included.  Best wishes, Dr. T

Nose

bcroth1995, cannot give you any advice based on these photos other than general infromation. you need to find a specialist with years of experience; make sure they do "only faces" and have a lot of good photos of their own patients. Search the Internet and I'm sure you will find what you need closure to your town. good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tip plasty?

It looks like you might be a better candidate for a full rhinoplasty but you would need to be seen in person so that a full exam can be performed.

Full rhinoplasty versus partial rhinoplasty

In most patients a full is required to make sure that  all of the components of the nose  balance with themselves, and the entire nose balances with patient's facial features. Its also and important to remember that the nose is three-dimensional structure  so it is very difficult to give an opinion as to a one dimensional photograph. Rhinoplasty is  the most difficult procedure to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. It is also best to only  have one surgery on the nose, not two.

Potential Candidate for Tip Plasty?

Improving the nasal tip to achieve an improved natural appearing cosmetic result is a frequent request of patients wanting nasal refinement. It is possible to improve the cosmetic appearance of the tip alone without altering the rest of the nose in some patients. Whether the optimal option in your particular situation would be a tip rhinoplasty alone or a full rhinoplasty would best be determined at a consultation. Either procedure can be performed with a closed or open approach.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

It appears from your photos that you could benefit from a cosmetic rhinoplasty. It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon experienced in rhinoplasty surgery. As a general rule it is not advisable to travel great distances to have your surgery, since your surgeon will not be available to you for your post-operative care. 

It is also not a good idea for you to predict what the operative plan would be, since it is imperative that your surgeon regard your nose in its entirety and not just focus on the tip. 

Finally, unless you are moving or plan on staying in Florida for an extended period of time, the closer your surgeon is to your home, the better for you. Best of luck. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon