Is my nose ready to go on rollercoaster?

I've had a rinoplasty little over a year ago and I've been wanting go to six flags and go on rollercoasters. But I want to make sure my nose is ready to handle it. Is it too soon or am I good to go on rollercoasters ?

Rollercoasters after rhinoplasty

The nose is 80% as durable as it will ever be by 6-8 weeks.  At one year, it is completely acceptable to go to theme parks.

Rollercoasters after rhinoplasty

After one year of healing the nose is certainly able to withstand any pressures related to the velocity changes in a roller coaster ride. RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.If at this point in your recovery you have no complications and the swelling has all resolved then I don’t see a problem in your riding a rollercoaster. I would just be cautious of the ones that spin or jerk because you want to protect your nose so you do not cause any damage to it. Ultimately, I would consult with your surgeon and have him clear you just to be safe.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rollercoaster and rhinoplasty

I do not see why at one year you can not go back to full activities. I often allow patients to do so within about 8 weeks or so.

Return to activity after Rhinoplasty

At 6 months, it should be safe to return to all activities.  As with all rhinoplasties, you may not see your final results for 9-12 months after surgery.  Any injury during this time may lengthen the time that it will take for your swelling will resolve.

Jarrod Little, MD

Resuming activity after rhinoplasty

I generally tell my patients that they can return to normal activity by 6 months following rhinoplasty.  Obviously, one wants to avoid having your nose hit, but I think one year post operatively you should be OK.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon