I hit my nose on a sharp edge. Any suggestions?

It's been a little over a year after my rhinoplasty and I feel like everything is just drawn to my nose. I was at work today and I left a drawer open and when I got up from sitting down I hit the center of my nose on the corner edge of the drawer. It scraped my nose and left a bump. Did I damage my nose? Or is the bump just swelling caused by the impact?

Nasal trauma

If you sustained nasal trauma and are concerned, then you should see your surgeon for evaluation. Best of luck.

Thank you for your question.It is unlikely that this bump from the drawer caused any major internal damage but the best thing you can do is ice the bump to help resolve the swelling and call your doctor to have your nose examined just to be sure there was no damage done. 
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hit nose on a sharp edge

Thank you for your question.  I think it would be best to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that no damage has been done.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hitting your nose after rhinoplasty

Thanks for reaching out. It is unlikely that you did any major damage to your nose.  The bump is probably swelling.  I would however follow up with your surgeon just to make sure.
I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty 1 year post op

I would recommend following up with your surgeon as your nose heals to ensure the best outcome.

Donald B. Yoo, MD