Tear trough Restylane fillers. I wish I never had them done. Is there anything I can do? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 8
Restylane in tear trough
Over treatment of tear trough with Restylane
You might also like...
Swelling following Tear Trough filler injection
Thanks for sharing your photo! So sorry for your troubles!
Of greatest importance is to select a well experienced, Board Certified Injector with understanding to the nuances of proper selection of the patient, fillers and appropriate injection techniques.
Since it had been only 2 days following injection, the swelling may have already improved.
Other local techniques for improvement of symmetrical swelling such as yours is:
3.Oral non-sedating anti-histamine (eg. Claritin, Zyrtec) during the day, and a sedating anti-histamine such as Benadryl at night.
4.Have your injector re-evaluate your concerns and consider a tapered steroid dose pack.
5.Diminish your activities to reduce swelling
At 2 weeks, revisit your injector. If it is not better, properly inject hyaluronidase, a enzyme to dissolve the filler.
Wait another 1-2 weeks and obtain another opinion.I have listed below other options to consider.
Pigmentation or dark circles under the eyelid may come from any combination of the following.
1. Eyelid bags and laxity with shadowing
2. Cheek laxity and shadowing
3. Thin eyelid skin with a reflection of the underlying muscle
4. A separation of the eyelid structures from the sagging cheek structures
5. Pigmentation, laxity and fine lines of the skin
Many options are available depending on the problem above.
1. Eyelid lift
2. Cheek lift (with Contour Threads or short scar facelift)
3. Injection of fillers, either into the skin or deep under the fat for volumizing using Restylane, Juvederm or fat
4. Mid-face lift, a lift of all the structures of the cheek with a eyelid lift
5. ZO Obagi Skin therapeutics and Peel or Laser to rejuvenate and tighten eyelid and facial skin.
I hope this has been helpful! Buena suerte!
Restylane under eyes
Restylane Under the Eyes
It appears that too much Restylane was injected under the eyes. I suggest that you return to your treating physician for Vitrase to remove the product.
Unhappy after tear trough injections
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.