Rubbing after FUE operation.

My Dr. gave told me to do not rub the transplantation zone after 15 days. But I've read several times that you can rub carefully the zone after one week. Do you agree with him? Thank you in advance. Best

Post op care after FUE

An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post op care after Fue operation

Each doctor may have their own routine for post op care.  But in general you need to wash very gently, with no rubbing for the first seven days.  All washing stages should be performed daily ; softly using palms, with no pressure.  7 days later you may start massaging the recipient area by using your fingertips because  after  15 days there should be no more traces of dried blood or scabs on your scalp. 
All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

You may read conflicting things on the Internet but ultimately you should listen to your doctor you paid

You may read conflicting things on the Internet but ultimately you should listen to your doctor you paid money to and trusted to performed your surgery.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon