Black spots on right nipple, please help! (Photos)

3rd of fabuary 2017 I had mastopexy with augmentation. Next day my right breast got swollen and warm the doctor massaged and removed blood from my nipple several times. The same process he continued for the 4 next days he also asked me massage at home. I like my doctor but I would like to get a second opinion will my nipple recover ? What are the consequences ? I am so nervous and sad Please help

Healing after surgery

It appears you developed a hematoma on that side after surgery.  The photos are not very helpful to see exactly how much of the nipple is involved.  If you are not satisfied with your surgeon, then I would recommend getting a second opinion to make sure you are doing everything you can to ensure that everything heals properly. Good luck with recovery.

Healing after surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Black spots on right nipple, please help!

Thanks for your question, unfortunately I agree with the other comments. There is probably a problem wth the blood flow to your right nipple. For now the treatment is non surgical dressings and avoid risk factors that will worsen the outcome, so no smoking for starters.

Hope this helps. Good luck..

Richard Hanson, MB, MCh, FRCS(plast)
Dublin Plastic Surgeon

Hope this helps. Good luck..

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your healing difficulties.  It appears that your right breast nipple and areola are having blood flow difficulties.  Though the coloration is likely due to some scabbing, the darker purple color indicates congestion of the tissues.  At four days you are likely to start blistering along the edge of the areola and may lose a substantial portion of its tissue.  I would voice your concern to your surgeon who should be able to offer you better treatment options to minimize tissue loss.  Best wishes.

Nipple/areola blood flow compromise after breast augmentation/mastopexy surgery.

I'm sorry that you have experienced the complication;  unfortunately, based on the photographs, it seems like you are experiencing a significant blood flow compromise to the nipple/areola complex.  It is difficult to tell whether tissue loss will be partial or complete (superficial or full thickness).  My best assessment (which will not be as accurate as your own plastic surgeon's) is probable survival of the nipple/areola centrally and likely loss of the peripheral nipple/areola tissue.

In many cases, once healing has completed, the nipple/areola complexes actually look better than what you might expect.   Sometimes, reconstructive maneuvers, scar revision surgery, tattooing…may be helpful.

Close followup with your plastic surgeon for more accurate assessment and advice will be necessary. Best wishes.