Lumps under incision after 7 months. Is it normal and why is it happening? (Photo)

I'm 30 years old. I had breast augmentation with cohesive gel 325ml under mussels 7 months ago. Since I had surgery the incisions healing process were very slow, even after 2 and half month still I had some scabs. Now after 7 months I have some lumps ander the incision skin which are hard and not moving( I don't have any sensation on the incisions ). I like to know why it happened and please advise me what is the best option to correct it?Do I have to do revision surgery? Best Regards

Lumps under incision after 7 months. Is it normal and why is it happening?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

You appear to be developing hypertrophic or thickened scars. I would suggest returning to your doctor and discussing options. Sometimes Kenalog injections work well. Using scar products may still be helpful.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon