I'd like a liquid face lift. But I don't want anything putting in that can't be dissolved if its done badly! Any suggestion?

Am I right in thinking that perlane and sculptra can't be gotten rid of? could you advise me which are the best options and the longevity of them. Thanks Ana

Liquid facelift products

Hyluronic acid products can be dissolved if needed. However, botox and other products like Sculptra and Radiesse just take time for the effects to go away.

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and I can appreciate your concerns.  I would recommend you stick with the hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Voluma and Juvederm for your liquid face lift.  These can easily be dissolved with the use of hyaluronidase should you not like your results.  Based on the amount of fillers place, I would recommend you give your results at least a month to mature before deciding on removing the filler.  

Liquid Face Lift and Dissolvable Fillers

All hyaluronic acid fillers such Retylane, Perlane, and Juvederm and temporary and can be dissolved.  Botox is temporary as well.  Sculptra lasts up to two years.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with these fillers for the best results.  

Liquid face lift with dissolvable fillers

Thank you for asking about your liquid face lift.

• Perlane can be dissolved.
  • Sculptra and Radiesse cannot.
  • Most fillers are, like Perlane, made of hyaluronic acid and can be dissolved.
  • Filler duration ranges from 6 months (Juvederm) to 9-12 months IPerlane) to 2 years (Voluma).
  • These durations are averages - they last longer in some people, less time in others.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Non Operative - Liquid Face Lift Rejuvenation with Products that Can be Reversed

Hyaluronic acid products such as Restylane and Juvederm can be use for facial rejuvenation.  The advantage of these products are that they can be removed by injecting hyaluronidase if the patient doesn't like their results.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Liquid Facelift

As we age we lose volume in our face and our skin stretches and sags from gravity.  A "Liquid Facelift" is really a general statement for options to add volume back to the face.  The options include natural products from you-Fat Transfer...doing liposuction and injecting fat into your face just beneath your skin.  OR, using absorbable or non-absorbable products the most common being Hyaluronic acids (HA's) or synthetics like Sculptra, Radiesse etc.

For significant Volume loss I like fat because it stays and grows with the patient and can generate significant volume.

For more defined areas or for lines, I prefer the HA's:  Juvederm Voluma in the cheekbone areas and chin, and Juvederm for other fine line areas.  You are correct, the HA's are great because they are both titrate-able ---adjustable you can always add more and reversible they can be dissolved---although it is always best to place less and add more than try and remove it later.

Best!

Dr Bengtson

Bradley Bengtson, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronic acid is a safe bet

As this is your first time with dermal filler, I would avoid any semi-permanent (sculptra) or permanent filler and just stick to HA fillers for now as these are reversible. This is an advanced technique so be sure to get an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon consultation for recommendations and treatment options.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

I'd like a liquid face lift. But I don't want anything putting in the can't be dissolved if its doesn't badly! Any suggestion?

Voluma, Juvederm, and Restylane are all injectable fillers based on hyaluronic acid and all if there is a problem can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  Voluma works best as a deep filler over the cheeks and chin and can last up to two years.  Juvederm works well in the marionette lines, oral commissures, and nasolabial folds and can last from 9 to 12 months.  Restylane works well to plump up the lips, tear trough, and in fine lines and can last about 6 to 9 months.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Perlane can be dissolved, Sculptra can not.

Ana, 
I would take things slowly- liquid face lifts are great, especially if your skin texture is good. Dramatic changes can be seen with little or no downtime. 

Firstly, only HA fillers can be dissolved. I only stick to HA Fillers for that reason, but some physicians use Sculptra- each to their own, Sculptra can give great results in the right hands. 

Fillers are like building a house- foundations need to be laid before walls and then the tiles. A slow and steady approach is best. I always perform deep filers first- Juvederm Voluma to provide structure, then Volift to lift key areas. I usually like performing my liquid face lifts in 3 phases over 3-4 weeks, this provides the best results. Thinner fillers such as Volbella, Restylane etc... can be used at the end as a final touch up for superficial wrinkles, and tear trough areas. 

Regards

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist

BRISBANE, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Which Fillers Are Reversible

Perlane is a dermal filler that can be reversed. Only the hyaluronic acid fillers are reversible, Sculptra is not. If you want to stick with reversible fillers then your best options are Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane and Voluma. Belotero for fine lines, Juvederm Ultra for folds and the lips and Juvederm Voluma for around the eyes and cheeks.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon