I have had a tummy tuck one year ago and still have numbness, also my sex has decreased a lot, is this normal?

Greetings Thank you for your question, After the Tummy Tuck operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly, you might still be in your healing process you might need to do a follow up with your surgeon as some patient after tummy tuck need more healing time. 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Numbness after surgery

When you get a tummy tuck and liposcution some areas will remain numb for time (about 3-6 months for lipo) but area where you get the tummy tuck incision will be numb  for a longer period of time this can vary from month to year or even permanent, your libido should not be affected by surgery so you need to check if there are other reasons for this (stress). Good luck!

Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Numbness

Thank you for your question.   While most patients regain sensation along the lower abdomen, there are a few percent that do not. At 12 months post-op, you will likely remain numb in the affected regions. Please follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your specific concerns.  Hope this helps!