I am 37 and have submuscular tear drop implants, capsular contracture, and would like to go smaller? (Photos)

I have little tissue coverage. I've had 3 ops during 17 years (2 to correct capsular contracture). 8 years ago I had textured tear drop implants under the muscle. I have some hardening. I really don't like the way they sit like grapefruits on my chest when lying down. I feel conscious during exercise classes and with my partner. I would like to go smaller ( i was convinced by my first surgeon to go larger than I wanted to). Can the implant be revised to one that will flatten more when lying?

Best option for revision breast surgery?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Yes, it is likely that revisionary breast surgery  will achieve an outcome that you will be happier with.  Replacement of the breast implants with appropriate size/profile and softer (in my practice I prefer to use a smooth round silicone gel)  breast implants, possible capsulectomy,  overall adjustment of the breast implant capsules (to help correct double bubble appearance), and possibly use of acellular dermal matrix may be indicated. 

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with this type of  somewhat complex revisionary breast surgery.   Communicate your goals carefully; working together you will come up with a good plan to improve your outcome. Best wishes.