Three months ago I had my Breast Augmentation, is my breast shape going to change? (photo)

Hi.i am 30 years old i was 34a before and my doctor placed 325 silicone subfascial.i want to know if my breast shape is gonna change and how size will look. I think they are still high and too hard.

Three months ago I had my Breast Augmentation, is my breast shape going to change?

Thank you for your question. Remember, it is best to be seen in person by a double-board-certified plastic surgeon for precise diagnosis and treatment.

Breast Shape at 3 Months Post-Op

HEALING AFTER BREAST SURGERY, AUGMENTATION, LIFTS

1.    pain is variable

2.    it takes 2-3 months for implants to settle and muscles to relax

3.    celebrex, motrin, and muscle relaxers can help

4.    massage and stretching may help

5.    everyone heals differently

6.    4-7 days off from work is common

HEALING OF SENSORY NERVES: Tingling, burning or shooting pains, which will disappear with time and should not alarm you, indicate regeneration of the sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage helps.

ASYMMETRY: The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

SHAPE AND CONTOUR: The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

FOLLOW-UP EXAMS: These are generally done in 1 week, 2 to 3 weeks, 3 to 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months to 1 year, and 1-2 year intervals. In our office we include all of your follow up appointments in the initial surgical fee.

Breast augmentation

Your breast shape will continue to evolve. At 3 months most if not all swelling will have resolved and so the final volume will be apparent. However you can expect the lower half of the breast to fill out more and drop a little. In general terms at 6 months you will have reached a stable final result though changes in weight, pregnancy, breast feeding and lifestyle factors will all have an impact in the future.

All the very best,

Jonathan

Jonathan Adamthwaite, FRCS (Plast)
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

3 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breasts at 3 months

First, with your arms in like that and squeezing your chest, it is hard to say.  You are still a bit early in the recovery and the breasts may settle  a bit more.

Subfascial

Thanks for your question. You should still see changes up to around 6 months. I would certianly expect your breasts to feel softer by then. How much they drop depends on whether they are smooth or textured implants. Smooth will drop further than textured.

Anthony Barabas, MBBS
Cambridge Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Typically by 3 months breast implants have become softer and dropped into a natural position.  This evolution may be slower with subfascial breast implants.  I suggested to see your plastic surgeon and ask if breast implant displacement exercises will help.

Thank you for your question. Your breast will continue to change up to 6 months. Please follow instructions from your PS and express your concerns to your PS.

Ven Erella, MD

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. An examination would be the best way to assess your breasts. It typically take 1-3 months for breast implants to settle into position. I would suggest a follow up appointment with your surgeon. 

Best Wishes

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS