Is CO2 laser for younger people?

I am 22 and I wish to have a laser strong laser resurfacing because as a kid I had severe acne and now i pay the consequences, but I've heard that this type of laser are for older people. Is that true?

Acne scars and treatment

Thanks for your question. Utilizing the CO2 laser is not based on age but what you wish to achieve.The CO2 Laser is used to stimulate collagen and improve the texture of the skin, resulting in smoother and tighter skin. It would improve your scarring. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

CO2 in younger patients.

CO2 laser resurfacing can be used to improve acne scars.  These are not likely to resolve on their own and starting therapy now will give you results sooner.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician