Is the applicator size right for me? (photos)

I had coolsculpting done on my lower abdomen and the clinic used 2 small applicators(coolfit-just that i thought coolfit os for thighs only?) on both side of my lower abdomen. Just wondering if the right applicator was being used.Please share me your thoughts.

Coolsculpting handpieces

Your questions in regards to applicators and area to be treated is one to be answered by your clinician based on the orientation of the fat and the size of the area being treated. Zeltiq has manufactured many different applicators to go with various parts of the body, however, during an in office consultation, it would be determined which applicator is best suited for you and your desired outcome. Unfortunately looking at photos cannot determine what is best for you. I hope this information helps.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the Correct Applicator

Choosing the correct applicator is based on the shape of the bulge and the applicator itself.  You cannot assess this with a photo.  For the best cosmetic results you would best go to a board certified dermatologist certified by Coolsculpting.  Best, Dr. Green

Selecting the correct CoolSculpting Applicator

Dear swittsexxy22: Thanks for sharing your photo. The applicator with the best "fit" is the one that will work best. While applicators are made to fit a certain area, say the chin, it may also fit a small patients breast roll or upper inner thigh. Sometimes no applicator fits and other options need to be considered. Always choose a Certified CoolSculpting Team to administer your CoolSculpting for the best results! Good luck!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

The CoolFit can be used on the abdomen. The provider assesses to see how your orientation of fat goes. Some patients are better candidates for the CoolFit than the CoolCore. Without assessing in person it's hard to tell. Most patients need more than one treatment. You should wait the 3-4 months to see your results and then get re-evaluated.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Applicator size / selection for coolsculpting

Appropriate selection and placement of applicators for coolsculpting is the most important factor for good results.  Different applicators may be used in order to get the correct tissue vaccuum.  It would be difficult to judge from pictures what would be best.  In general, see an expert and avoid clinics where the doctor isn't present and doesn't evaluate you.  Give the area 3-4 months and re-evalauate; best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Applicator Sizes

It is hard to know if that is the right applicator for you without accessing you in person.  The CoolFit can be used on the abdomen, and your provider may have used that because of the way your fat pulls.  It treats all of the subcutaneous fat the is pulled into the applicator, so whatever was pulled into the applicator was treated.  Wait the full 3 months to see your results, and then see if you need a 2nd treatment or not.  With the 2nd treatment, your abdomen may have changed and you may need a different applicator.  Best of luck! 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Cool Fit on the Abdomen

Although the cool fit device is not as common on the abdomen it has the same surface treatment area as the cool core. I would not worry about the choice in applicator to be honest. The cool fit actually has a longer cooling panel than the cool core applicator, the shape of the applicator is the difference meaning how and where it can be placed. The markings and applicator you mention don't throw up a red flag for me. I hope that eases your mind. Best of Luck. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon