Connecticut doctor to aspirate in the event of seroma?

I just had my drain removed today (10 days post-op). I understand that sometimes women can develop seromas. My doctor is 2.5 hours away. I want to be prepared in the event I run into any problems. Are there any PS's in Connecticut that would be willing to see me (aspirate) or deal with a tummy tuck/lipo complication if one occurs? I realize my doctor offers post-op services but the drive is far and It's worth it to find someone local. I've read about so many seroma stories! Thank you in advance.

To find doctors in your local area, please click here. 

Tummy tuck question

Check with the American Society of plastic surgery for a list of local board-certified surgeons. Hopefully, you won't need one. However, if you do, I would start there.  It is unfortunate that you are not able to find a suitable plastic surgeon locally for your procedure.

Local Seroma Drainage

Fortunately, emergent seroma drainage is almost non existent. That being said, if an issue arises, it should be addressed on the scale of days, not weeks. Returning to the doctor who performed your surgery is the only acceptable answer to your question. He knows you, your history, and exactly what surgery you underwent. Finding someone local to care for complications created elsewhere is likely to be an expensive undertaking regardless of any safety concerns related to transferring your care. 

Joseph Parks, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your procedure.  Though I can not recommend a specific surgeon, I am attaching a link to the american society of plastic surgeons website that will allow you to search for board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  It will give you a list of physicians based on their distance from your location. Hope that this helps. 

Seroma issue

If you need to find someone local, you can start by looking on the ASPS or ASAPS websites to find someone. Good luck.

Late for you but good teaching point

I hope you don't have a seroma or need to visit your doc frequently but it does serve as a good lesson.

DON"T GET YOUR SURGERY OUT OF TOWN (AND NEVER OUT OF THE COUNTRY)...you never know if you may need to get in to see your doc urgently and finding a local doc (who didn't do your surgery) to see you isn't easy. Cost is just one factor in picking a surgeon. Location should be right up there in your search.

Good luck.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon