DDD/E cup, want to be completely flat-chested. I've read posts like this and I can address any concerns a doctor would have.

1. I'm 26 and have been *seriously* planning for this since age 16. 2. I'm willing to pay out of pocket. 3. I realize I may need two or more procedures. 4. This is NOT a gender or psychological issue. Breasts are physically uncomfortable. 5. I won't ever breastfeed, so I don't mind losing the ability. 6. My nipples are extremely sensitive and I don't mind losing feeling. 7. I don't care about "proportion." I just want to be as flat as possible. Would all this convince a surgeon to take my case?

Mastectomy?

To be completely flat chested would require a mastectomy of some sort, and with skin incisions often in an inverted "T" shape.  You would have to be seen in person.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. As noted below, it does appear that you have a fundamental understanding of your condition and your desired goals. The only way to achieve your goal would be to perform a total mastectomy. This would leave you with scars and as nearly flat chest as possible. I would certainly recommend a full consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these matters matters. I hope you have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question.  I think you have an excellent understanding of the issues at hand when it comes to very significant breast reduction surgery.  Given how long you have been considering the procedure and good understanding of  the issues at hand, I am sure that you will be able to undergo the procedure(s) and achieve your desired outcome.  I have done this type of procedure(s) for several patients who were self-motivated and ultimately very pleased with the outcome.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
  I hope this, and the attached link/video, helps.