I had breast implants under the muscle. It seems that my right breast is not under the muscle. There is rippling on top? (Photo)

How do I confirm placement

How to tell if implants are under the muscle

It does appearthat you have Rippling on the right breast. Generally placing the implant under the muscle prevent this from happening. It is possible that you have had a very thin muscle or your muscle thinned out over time. A relatively simple way to check for sub muscular placement is this  place your hands together in front of you in prayer position. Push your hands toward each other doing an isometric contraction of your pectoral muscle. You should feel this on both sides. If you look in the mirror you will see that the muscles cause the implant to ride up. If the  implant is above the muscle it will not ride up with this maneuver. As soon as you stop pressing the implants come back down Rippling is a known complication of breast  augmentation. You should return to your original surgeon and discuss your concerns

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Rippling with an Implant

The only way to know for sure is with a diagnostic test called a "mammorgram". Implant rippling can be due to a variety of causes but the main thing is that you are interested in getting in fixed.  This can be done effectively with an implant replacement using a more cohesive form of silicone.

Paul C. Dillon, MD

You can often tell by contracting your pectoralis muscles

usually if you put your hands on your hips and then contract your chest muscle (by pushing your hand firmly into your hip). When you contract the muscle, you will usually see the implant shift upwards towards your clavicle. it would be a bit unusual to have rippling in that location if it was under the muscle. you definitely can get rippling at the sides because there is no muscle on the sides since the pec muscle runs on an oblique angle.
david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon