How many units of Botox will it need to do a person's hairline?

Botox for forehead wrinkles

Thank you for your question shelbydooo. Botox is commonly used to treat horizontal lines across the forehead seen when we raise our eyebrows. The amount used in this area varies widely because people have different sized foreheads. Typically the dose is in the 8-20 unit range. I usually recommend also treating the frown lines at the same time to provide a balanced appearance and to avoid a heavy brow. I recommend consulting with a doctor to determine what is best for you. Good luck!

Encino Physician

There will be a range based upon strength of muscle contraction and/or muscle bulk and the surface area injected.  

Dosage can vary widely

Men always need higher dosage than women. People with high, broad foreheads need more too. I also slightly prefer Dysport here because, in my expereince, it diffuses more for a smoother result. The bottom line is nothing beats an expereinced board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who performs this procedure several dozen times per day to get optimal results.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

How Much Botox For Hair Line Wrinkles?

Wrinkles near the hair line are easily treatable with either Botox or Dysport injections.
Botox/Dysport is a treatment composed of a neurotoxin that is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Medically, this drug is referred to as botulinum toxin and has proven an effective way to combat wrinkles and other signs of aging that appear on our faces.
Without photos or knowing how much muscle activity you have in that area it is hard to say exactly how many units you require. The average is about 10-20 units. This will also vary according to your age. I would advise to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for optimal results.
Best of Luck!

Botox and Forehead Wrinkles

It is difficult to say without photos because it depends on a lot of variables how much Botox you will need.  It is best to consult in person to see the amount of Botox needed.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Hard to say without photos

I assume you are trying to improve the horizontal lines in your forehead?

it is impossible to say without seeing photos of you. also need your age.
you need to be carefully putting too much botox above your eyebrows
or it could cause sagging.
it is quite safe to put Botox in the upper central forehead.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  In most cases of treating wrinkles near the hairline only a few units are needed depending on the length and width of your forehead.  If you are interested in treating hyperhidrosis of the scalp or hairline many more units are needed to enact an improvement.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation, they can best advise you on the necessary needed units to treat.  Hope this helps.

Botox for the Hairline?

Hi and thanks for your question.  As the other answers suggest, it's hard to know what you are asking.  I do use Botox to treat the horizontal creases in the forehead.  Typically, this would take 10-20 units.  I would be happy to see you for a consultation as my office is in Wayne, PA close to where you are located.  Thanks.  Dr. Pontell

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hairline botox?

I do not understand what you are asking?  I am assuming forehead, and this can vary depending upon what needs to be treated.

How many of units of Botox for hairline?

I am not certain to what area you are referring to when you say hairline.  The most common areas treated with Botox are the lines across the forehead, the frown lines between the brows and the crow's feet beside the eyes.  The amount needed to treat each of these areas can vary by individual but I would say a rough average would be about 20 units to treat one of those areas.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon