Is it normal for a pinkish red mole to grow near a shave excision site of a mole almost identical to the new one?

I had a mole removed on my arm a few weeks ago, and it came back as completely benign after the biopsy. I kept a band aid on the site for about a week after it, which I had to replace everyday leaving some irritated skin behind, but besides the red skin from the band aid, a new mole that looks a lot like the original has grown near the excision site about two inches away. Is this normal?

Is This Normal?

It is impossible to respond to your question without seeing the actual lesion.  I suggest you contact a local board certified dermatologist and have the area examined.Sorry I cannot be of great assistance.  A photo might have helped.

Elk Grove Village Dermatologist