Can I have Botox at one clinic then go to a different one to get more? (Photo)

I know you can't have lip filler done by a different nurse/clinic until after 6 months, wondering if it was possible to do it with botox though before 6 months as my nurse is away for a couple of weeks

It’s safe to get BOTOX® from a licensed, experienced injector every 3 to 4 months.

There’s no rule stating that you must receive BOTOX® from the same practitioner each time, so if your regular injector is not available when you’d like your BOTOX® treatment, you should be able to get an injection elsewhere. BOTOX® typically lasts between 3 to 4 months before a new injection is needed, as its lifespan is slightly less than that of dermal fillers. Wherever you get your BOTOX®, make sure that your injector is licensed and experienced in order to obtain safe, optimal results.

New York General Surgeon

Thank you for your question. You are free to have your Botox injected in any office.  It is important to have your Botox injected in an office where a board certified plastic surgeon over sees the treatments to make sure that you achieve maximum benefits. Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox done by another injector

Thank you for your question Chaz001. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. A person can go to any office at their will. Often times we add more Botox or fillers as early as two weeks after an initial treatment. Many people see different injectors; and this is common when their primary injector is unavailable. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Different injectors

Hello and thank you for your question. You have the freedom to go to any clinic or injector you chose. You may not get the same outcome and the technique may be different than your previous injector. Good luck!

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Time between treatments

You can go to whoever you want to get Botox or Fillers.  If you think you need more, or are unhappy with the results of your treatment, you should definitely get another opinion.  I think the nurse who told you that you aren't allowed to see someone else was worried about losing business and not your results.

Yes, you can go to different injectors for your Botox as well as your fillers.  Visit with an experienced injector in your area for a consultation first if you are uncomfortable.

Camille Cash, MD

Botox timing

Hello, and thanks for your question. You can absolutely go to a different provider.  Botox generally lasts 3-4 months, but it is fine to wait until 6 months between injections if that's what you prefer. I recommend getting treated by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

BOTOX lasts approximately 3 months.  It is generally ok to have it again after 3 months time has passed.

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox with different injectors

You can have botox with another injector no problem.  As well as you can do your lip filler with another injector. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Treatment by different injectors

There is no reason you cannot have Botox done by different injectors and there is also no reason you cannot have fillers done by different injectors as well

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist