Can I do anything to re-correct my nose that isn't surgery? (photo)

I am very unhappy with my nose I had septoplasty 5 years ago to correct a deviated septum, but i have noticed my breathing in one nostril is worse and I have also noticed that it looks as though my nose has collapsed on one side and is flatter than it was before, this is making me feel very self consious and I am lacking in confidence.

Post Septoplasty Non Surgical Nose Job?

Hi and thank you for your question. The pictures you provided are a bit small, so it's hard to tell exactly what is going on, but cartilage collapse after septoplasty would be an unusual side effect. The answer to your question about non surgical correction hinges on how much the breathing issue bothers you. The Non Surgical Nose Job procedure corrects cosmetic irregularities and one sided cartilage collapse is certainly something that can be corrected using fillers. However, the procedure does not correct functional problems like breathing difficulties. Have you tried nasal sprays? I would suggest consultations with experts in both surgical and non surgical nasal techniques to determine your best option. Hope that helps.

Look for a Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your question, and my first recommendation is that you find the best Facial Plastic Surgeon (ENT) or Plastic Surgeon in your region and have a consultation to see what options exist for you. From looking at your photos, a repeat surgical procedure with the right surgeon may be your best option.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon