I have a flat nose and I really wanted to know if it was possible to make it look more western? (Photos)

And how much it would cost? And I was wondering if it was possible to make it like that

Adding Tip Projection

It's absolutely possible to add projection to the nasal tip. In fact, this is a common request. Tip work can be technically challenging, so it's important to find a qualified facial plastic surgeon for the best results. It's difficult to offer cost estimates without an in-person examination, but your surgeon can give you a good idea of the potential price during your consultation.

Tucson Facial Plastic Surgeon

#rhinoplasty

Hi.  You will certainly be able to make your nose look more western however it will not look like the example you have shown as your ideal nose. It is likely that you will need a dorsum augmentation and tip refinement.  There are a number of different ways in which this can be achieved.

Regards

Damien

I have a flat nose and I really wanted to know if it was possible to make it look more western? Perth, Australia

Thank you for your question and images. Ethnic rhinoplasty commonly involves elevated and refining the dorm of the nose along with nasal tip. If you say me in my clinic I would say it is not possible to achieve the same definition and the image in the example but you could certainly achieve a significant improvement in projection and definition of your current nose. I would consult with a Specialist Plastic Surgeon and discuss your concerns. 

Regards

Dr Guy Watts

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

The key to rhinoplasty is achieving an overall facial harmony. Based on the photographs you have submitted, I feel that you would benefit from a rhinoplasty and tip refinement. With a rhinoplasty we can thin the bridge of your nose and build it up with cartilage to give it some projection. The tip of your nose can be made to look more pleasing by trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty so you can have a nasal examination performed. I would also recommend submitting a frontal view of your nose. Best of luck in your endeavors!

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty - augmentation of bridge and nasal thinning

While you may not look like the picture you provided, this is a good start in terms of communication with your surgeon. The cost varies with one's location, type of anesthesia and exactly what procedures will be performed. Hopefully, a Board Certified surgeon in South Yarra, AU will reply. From the picture you provided, you will need to have your nasal bridge augmented and nasal tip elevated. You may need to have the cartilages at the tip of your nose altered also. Hope this helps. 

Michael Kulick, MD, DDS

Ethnic rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question and photos. I agree with you that your nose needs to be higher and more projected to look better. Augmentation with your own cartilage is your best option. The nose you like is someone who looks very different from you. As you know, rhinoplasty gives you a better version of your nose. Just so you have reasonable expectations. Good luck. 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for flat nose.

You can definitely achieve more projection of your nasal profile with a rhinoplasty. A graft of additional cartilage which can be usually harvested from the septum to the dorsum of the nose and to the tip is what is usually required. Sometimes more support is needed and a cartilage graft bone graft from a rib would be better. This is something that you need to discuss with your plastic surgeon when you meet for your consultation.

Good luck

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon