4 wks post-op, is my lower blepharoplasty a success? I can't see any improvement. (photo)

Hi Could you give some advice on my lower blepharoplasty. I am unhappy with the results so far. I am four weeks post opp. My surgeon says i have thin skin and the clinic says "results vary and nothing is guarenteed". I cannot see any improvement, infact i now have small bags under my inner eyes which were not there prior to surgery. Also had a lower face lift and fat transfer into my nose/mouth lines. Unhappy with outcome but that is another story and i know i have to wait and see a while

Eyelid surgery

You are only 4 weeks out, and things may change a bit with  more time as the swelling subsides. It would be nice to see props as well.

Recovery from lower lid blepharoplasty

You will need a bit more time for final results to be seen. Keep your surgical followup appointments so that your surgeon can track your progress with you. It appears that you will have a nice contour. If the wrinkles are a concern, laser resurfacing is a nice option which could provide tightening of the skin with less risk than additional  incisions. Inquire about skin care also, as this may produce some improvements in the skin appearance. Best wishes with your progress.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon