I have had a breast uplift 1 year ago I'm an E cup naturally?

I am getting them done again soon as they have sagged and areola has stretched. Do you suggest going smaller to get a better uplift. If I went down to a D cup would I look a lot smaller. I really don't want to go smaller but worried they will drop quick again.

Potential of a Reduction with Lift

The procedure can  be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk. Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible. Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation. 

Can I have a lift again if my large breasts have recurrent sagging?

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately, one may have a lift again.  I say unfortunately because if they have sagged in a short time after a breast lift it may be due to one's body having a difficult time supporting large breasts.  Over time all breasts will sag.  A larger breast will sag quicker that a small breast, but even a small breast will sag over time.  The larger the breast the shorter the time before the tissues stretch and sag.  If one considers reducing the size of the breast it may help to maintain a lift for a longer time.  I would recommend starting with a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast surgery. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. During the consult you and the surgeon should be understanding of the goals and realistic outcomes of your choices. Be sure to see plenty of before and after photos to get an idea of the range of patient experience of your surgeon. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon