I have had a breast uplift 1 year ago I'm an E cup naturally?

I am getting them done again soon as they have sagged and areola has stretched. Do you suggest going smaller to get a better uplift. If I went down to a D cup would I look a lot smaller. I really don't want to go smaller but worried they will drop quick again.

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Potential of a Reduction with Lift

The procedure can  be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk. Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible. Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation. 

Can I have a lift again if my large breasts have recurrent sagging?

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately, one may have a lift again.  I say unfortunately because if they have sagged in a short time after a breast lift it may be due to one's body having a difficult time supporting large breasts.  Over time all breasts will sag.  A larger breast will sag quicker that a small breast, but even a small breast will sag over time.  The larger the breast the shorter the time before the tissues stretch and sag.  If one considers reducing the size of the breast it may help to maintain a lift for a longer time.  I would recommend starting with a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast surgery. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. During the consult you and the surgeon should be understanding of the goals and realistic outcomes of your choices. Be sure to see plenty of before and after photos to get an idea of the range of patient experience of your surgeon. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon