I would like to get lip reduction surgery (I'm firm with this decision) where can I schedule an appointment? (Photo)

Hello, I'm a 20-year-old Hispanic male who is seeking lip reduction surgery on both lips, but mainly on my upper lip since it is asymmetric and has an abnormal shape. I would like to know about 1) the procedure 2) health risks 3) post-surgery issues that I might have & 4) the cost for one/both lips. Also, I would like to know how much of my upper lip can be reduced (i.e. 1/3 1/2 2/3).

Lip Reduction

Contact a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced for an in person exam.  In many cases this surgery can be done in an office setting.  Icing the lips post op will be extremely important to avoid excessive swelling and bruising.  Cost will vary from surgeon to surgeon.  

Lip reduction

Lip reduction can be reliably performed in order to achieve a more natural and more proportionate lip. The procedure involves removing a segment of the inner lip. This can be performed on the upper and lower lip. The scars are easily hidden. Most patients are swollen for 1-2 weeks. It is important to seek out a surgeon with experience in lip reduction surgery. I would speak to surgeons in your local area and find some one with experience. Since this procedure is not common you may have to travel to find a qualified surgeon.  Best Wishes Theodore T. Nyame MD  Harvard Trained Plastic Surgeon

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician