I have been told that for my rhinoplasty surgery my nose bridge will be heightened, is this necessary? (photo)

Rhinoplasty surgery

Based on the limited view from your photo, I don't think the height of the bridge of your nose necessarily needs to be raised. However, aside from removing small undulations along the dorsum, I wouldn't recommend lowering the bridge any further, because you run the risk of creating a flattened appearance to your bridge.

Be sure you consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who you have confidence will create your desired look. Good luck!

Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Balance in rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. While you have only supplied a single profile view of your nose (more angles would be needed for a proper assessment) I can make some observations that I hope will be helpful. An ideal nose has a pleasing balance between the components, if one area is too large it can make a different component seem too small even if the second region is just right. Looking at the single profile view of your nose the tip looks a little heavy relative to the bridge. If the bridge was raised it may make the tip appear smaller however I think that you would be better served by reducing and refining the tip and leaving the bridge height much as it is. Raising the bridge of your nose will tend to masculinise your appearance and if you are OK with that then it may be reasonable to proceed. Hopefully you have been shown some imaging of your nose with the proposed changes so that you can make an informed choice.