Tip too long after rhinoplasty? (Photo)

Hi there, I had rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago. The surgeon used septal cartilage to extend my tip. I know that there will be swelling for a while, but will the tip (cartilage included) settled back towards my face a bit when it softens? The cartilage feels like it's pressed really hard against the tip of my nose and looks a bit too long. Thanks

Septal extension graft

Thanks for your question. Septal extension grafts have become increasingly popular over the last few years. The idea is to stabilize the base of your nose so you get a more predictable long-term result. They are very useful in controlling the projection of your nasal tip. Since you're only two weeks out, you have a lot of edema in the tip of your nose which will take months to go away. So, I wouldn't worry too much about how things look at this point. 

College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pls be patient

2 weeks after rhinoplasty is too early to judge the result due to swelling.  This is especially true with the tip.  Pls be patient and maintain regular follow up with your surgeon.

All the best!!

Babar Sultan, MD
Towson Facial Plastic Surgeon