Is it safe to have more than one surgery at the same time? Breast augmentation above or below muscle?

is it safe to have (eye bag repositioning, double lid lift and fat grafting) at the same time as breast augmentation?Also is allergens naturelle's (gel) implant safe?is it best above/below the muscle if I do engage in activities and a lot of physical work?doctor is suggesting below. I also don't want them to have this standing look while on my back or sides..to be able to breast feed. My job requires a lot of physical work and I plan on taking 2 weeks off for sure and taking it easy after.

Breast augmentation operation is performed in order to increase the size of breast. Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Combined with Other Surgeries

Combined surgery with breast augmentation is very common and safe when performed by an experienced surgeon. There are several advantages to going under the muscle. You will typically have a more natural appearance to the upper part of your breast. The action of your muscle will help massage the implant and keep the scar tissue capsule soft. The muscle protects the implant from the natural bacteria in your breast to decrease the risk of infection and capsular contracture. Going over the muscle does allow for more “lift” but if a “dual plane” approach is taken you can pair the advantages of both approaches. This is our preferred technique.

Combining surgeries?

Yes, cosmetic surgeries are often performed together. Whether or not that would be a viable option in your case will depend on the surgeries and how long they would take. I would suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) so that you may be assessed in person. In general, I prefer below the muscle and recommend that my patients avoid vigorous exercise, including lifting, for at least 4-6 weeks. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Combination surgery and breast augmentation below the muscle

Combination surgery can generally be safe depending on the types of surgeries combined and the total duration of the surgery. Surgeries that go longer than 6 hours may start increasing the chances of deep vein clots and pulmonary embolism. Speak to your board certified plastic surgeon regarding this issue and prevention methods such as heparin or enoxaparin and pneumatic compression stalking.

breast implants under the muscle or the new concept of dual plane can decrease multiple risks such as rippling, capsular contracture, Nipple sensation changes. Animation may increase but is usually not a big issue. The final results also generally look more natural. 

Good luck

Hani Sinno, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Combination surgery

Combination surgery is often times performed together. 
The procedures that you listed can be performed safely.
Please select an experienced plastic surgeon and learn about your procedures.
In regards to breast augmentation, I do prefer implants under the muscle (or dual plane).
Sub muscular implants will have longer lasting result and can help with less rippling and capsular contracture.
Recovery time varies among patients.
I advised my patients to avoid strenuous activities/exercise for 6 weeks.
Please check with your plastic surgeon about his/her post-op recommendation.
Best regards.

Thank you for the question. Yes, assuming you are in good health, you should be able to  both of the procedures performed safely.

There are pros and cons to the placement of breast implants in the “sub muscular” position versus the "sub glandular position”. The vast majority of breast implants placed in the "sub muscular" position are really being placed in the "dual plane" position ( partially sub muscular, partially sub glandular).
I think it is in the best interests of most patients seeking breast augmentation surgery to have implants placed in the “dual plane” or sub muscular position. This positioning allows for more complete coverage of the breast implants leading to generally more natural feel/look of the implants in the long-term. This position will also decrease the potential for rippling and/or palpability of the implants (which may increase with time, weight loss, and/or post-pregnancy changes).
The submuscular positioning also tends to interfere with mammography less so than breast implants in the sub glandular position. The incidence of breast implant encapsulation (capsular contraction) is also decreased with implants placed in the sub muscular position.
On the other hand, sub glandular breast implant positioning does not have the potential downside of “animation deformity” ( movement/ distortion of the breast implants seen with flexion of the pectoralis major muscle) they can be seen with breast implants placed in the sub muscular position.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Multiple surgeries

Provided that you are otherwise healthy, you definitely could combine your eyelid surgeries with your breast augmentation.  An in person exam would be necessary for me to advise you on over or under the muscle but I have attached a video explaining the pros and cons.  Good luck!

Multiple procedures

Yes it is possible to have breast augmentation with other procedures. Having an eyelid tuck along with your breast augmentation.  All gel implants are safe, as the FDA lifted the moratorium years ago due to studies performed by the companies demonstrating safety.  I always recommend under the muscle, even for active patients.  I believe it looks better and there is a lower chance of capsular contracture.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.

More than one surgery at the same time

Thank you for the question.  Having two cosmetic surgeries at the same time should be fine.  One good point is that you can handle the healing process all at once.  Allergens naturelle implants are safe to use.  And regarding the placement of the implants, it would be best to follow your surgeon's advice since he or she is best acquainted with your current health and medical status but implants below the muscle are also safe and effective.  Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Yes

You most certainly can have both procedures done at the same time. 
Allergen Natrelle breast implants are safe and effective.  In general, submuscular placement of breast implants are safe and I would follow your surgeons advice.

Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS