How long should I wait after giving birth to have a Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, and breast implant revision done?

Scheduling a Mommy Makeover Post Pregnancy

It's suggested to wait at least 6 months after pregnancy to undergo a Mommy Makeover. Additionally, your weight should also be stable for at least 6 months.  Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor.

#Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.  Most importantly, your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision. 
All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.

Usually, you should wait about 3 months after you are done breast feeding. It is also best to get back down to your pre baby weight if possible. The key to long standing success is to be at a stable weight. Make sure your lifestyle is such that you don't gain the weight back after if you do have surgery or you will likely be unhappy. Waiting at least 6 months after your last pregancy would be best.  Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery and Breast Surgery for a consultation and more details. Good luck, Dean Vistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

In my practice I suggest the patient to wait 3 month after the last day of breast feeding, to let the pregnancy hormones down their level.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Wait

I recommend that you wait at least 6 months before considering a tummy tuck, assuming this was your last pregnancy. I also recommend waiting about 6 months after you have stopped breast feeding to consider breast surgery.  Liposuction can be done at an earlier time, assuming you do have some help with the baby.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Timing after pregnancy for mommy makeover.

Hello, every surgeon will have their own timing of surgery after childbirth.  I don't have a set wait time but rather I take into consideration each person's health and recovery after pregnancy.  I would recommend waiting until they are no longer breastfeeding, are at a stable body weight, the abdominal wall tissues have had a chance to rebound, and they are medically fit for another procedure.  It is also hard to take care of a newborn after mommy makeover surgery so it is easier waiting until your baby is a little older.  Most of my patients wait about 8-12 months.

If you have given birth, I would suggest you wait approximately six months before undergoing a mommy makeover.  It will take about this amount of time for your body to get back to its baseline shape/condition.  Watch your diet and star exercising, as this will help as well.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and procedures after childbirth

for tummy tucks, the minimal wait time for me is usually three months, and for breast surgery, about three months after breast-feeding is discontinued. 

Sofia K. Kirk, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for the question.

i recommend be in a stable weight and after you stop lactating. 

in pregnancy and after your body passes on big changes even hormonal. 

good luck!

Eduardo Mejia, MD