I am very satisfied with the shape of my nose; what is the lump of skin inside my nostril though? (Photo)

I am very satisfied with the shape of my nose currently. but I am wondering what is that lump of skin inside my nostril as seen in the picture? This "lump" is protruding out of my nostril and is very noticeable when seen from the angle of the picture. I would appreciate it if you can inform me on what this "lump" is, and what are the procedures recommended to get rid of it. Thank you.

I am very satisfied with the shape of my nose; what is the lump of skin inside my nostril though?

Greetings

The best is to follow up with your surgeon, 

If you underwent a simple rhinoplasty or correction of nasal tip operation it means that your cartilage or bone structures are not excised. Since the manipulation is minimal; the edema will be minimal also. Nasal buffers will not be applied after these operations but only strip bandages. These strip bandages will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise.

If you underwent rhinoplasty operation in which the bone and cartilage structures are also involved like concha hypertrophy, septum deviation or secondary rhinoplasty; then intranasal buffers will be applied in order to reduce the edema. These intranasal buffers will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery

I would recommend following up with your surgeon as your nose heals to ensure the best outcome.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Scar

It  looks like a thickened scar of the rim incision. Or the alar cartilage just moved forward as it was healing..For a more accurate diagnosis, return to your surgeon.No one really looks inside your nose. If all is well, leave it alone.Over  time it may get better.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon