Hole on my breast surgery and abdominolasty. Allergy on my breast and blisters on it. Incision opened up. Advice? (photo)
Doctor Answers 2
Post-op healing in Melbourne, FL.
Mommy make-over - complications!
- I am so sorry you are going through this.
- It sounds as though you are allergic to betadine and need to stop using it.
- You have significant complications - your South Korean surgeon will need to take care of them.
- Your incisions opened up because something damaged the oxygen supply to the tissues -
- This can be anything from smoking to infection to poor surgical technique to swelling during the long trip home.
- It will take months to heal - let your plastic surgeon take care of you but change to a non-betadine dressing.
- If you are near a Wound Center, your surgeon may want to refer you to care there because you will need frequent visits.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.