you for your question about your healing after your Mommy Makeover. It is
certainly possible that you may have had an allergic reaction of some kind, as
well as general delay in healing. The reasons for this can be unclear,
but fortunately, with proper wound care, these
types of issues tend to resolve with time. I highly recommend you
be seen by a local board-certified plastic surgeon who can help guide you
through the healing process and wound care. I hope this information is
helpful to you. Best of luck!
Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
- I am so sorry you are going through this.
- It sounds as though you are allergic to betadine and need to stop using it.
- You have significant complications - your South Korean surgeon will need to take care of them.
- Your incisions opened up because something damaged the oxygen supply to the tissues -
- This can be anything from smoking to infection to poor surgical technique to swelling during the long trip home.
- It will take months to heal - let your plastic surgeon take care of you but change to a non-betadine dressing.
- If you are near a Wound Center, your surgeon may want to refer you to care there because you will need frequent visits.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS