Is Fraxel "high frequency" safe?

I'm 37 yrs old female leaving in Korea. I can see some wrinkles, lost of elasticity on my face, some sun damage on my chin. So, I decided to have Fraxel high frequency. Is this treatment safe? Is the same as CO2? I am very confused about the different types of Fraxel. Please help me to understand before I get this done. Thank you.

Fraxel and Wrinkles

Fraxel is an excellent laser for wrinkles and sun damage.  There is no such term as "high frequency" Fraxel so please make certain that your dermatologist has a lot of experience with Fraxel.  Fraxel is fractionated CO2 laser so it is more gentle with little down time compared to traditional CO2.  However, if you have Asian skin please be certain that your physician is experienced with this laser for your skin type so that you do not have hyperpigmentation.

Fraxel “High Frequency”

I am unfamiliar with the term Fraxel “High Frequency” I would ask your Board Certified Dermatologist to clarify which technology is being used on your skin. It is important that your Dermatologist explains the procedure in detail to you so you understand what is being done, what benefits you might expect and so that you know how to properly care for your skin after the procedure.

Below are the different types of Fraxel:

Fraxel-Non-Ablative (non-wounding):
Dual: Targets, tone, texture and more superficial signs of aging, actinic keratosis and pigment.
Restore: Penetrates deep into the skin layers, specifically targeting concerns such as wrinkles or acne scarring.

Fraxel CO2- Ablative (wounding):
Repair 600m: Treats fine lines, age spots and sun spots.
Repair 135m: Used to target deeper wrinkles, tighten skin and remove years from your appearance.

Please consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what treatment is best for your skin type.

Below is more information on Fraxel Repair:

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon