Explant with lift (I want to be all natural) (Photo)

31 y/o with 400 cc silicone implants placed over the muscle. 1. How successful is an explant and lift likely to be? 2. Is it likely that the 2 procedures can be done at the same time? 3. What are my chances of having this done here in South Korea? (I live within driving distance of Seoul and will be here for 2 to 3 years) 4. Will I still be able to breastfeed after having this procedure done? 5. What is your guess as to what the size/condition of my breasts will be post surgery.

Natural look after explant

While I agree with all of the responses to date I would urge you to discuss just removing the implants alone with your surgeon. The reason is you do appear to have very healthy skin and as such your breast may "lift" significantly on its own once the 400 cc implant is removed. In a few months the look may prove very natural and pleasing to you and you could avoid any additional procedures or scars. There are a number of excellent plastic surgeons in Seoul. Here in Hawaii we take care of a number of expat families working in Asia as well. Do your homework though and make sure they are properly trained and experienced. Good luck.

Aloha

Dr C 

Explant with lift (I want to be all natural)

Thank you for the question. Short answer: much will depend on your physical examination ( factors such as degree of breast ptosis, current position of breast implants, number of previous operations, assessment of breast skin quality/elasticity…) and your plastic surgeons' clinical judgment.   

Longer answer: in person consultation will be necessary to provide you with precise advice. The main issue of concern is adequacy of blood flow given the extensive breast surgery planned. In my opinion, if the degree of breast lifting ( distance of movement of the nipple/areola complexes) is significant, then you may be better off having the procedure performed in 2 stages. If the degree of breast lifting is relatively small ( shorter distance of movement of the nipple/areola complexes) then it is likely that the procedure can be performed in one stage. If in doubt, in my opinion, the two stage approach is safer.

In "borderline" cases where there is doubt whether breast lifting is necessary or not, I advise patients to undergo explantation only and to give their breasts the benefit of the doubt (allow for about six months to pass after breast implant removal) before deciding whether breast lifting would be beneficial.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

You will do fine with an explantation and mastopexy

You have very nice breast shape now. you have nice skin and should scar fine with a mastopexy.  If your implants are 400cc, chances are (based on your photos) that you have adequate breast tissue to have a full B or small C cup breast without implants. However, you will need the full anchor incisions to give you the best result you will want.  The distance from your clavicle to the inframammary fold is very long on your chest.  In order to improve the flattening of your upper chest after implant removal, as much as your remaining breast tissue as possible will need to be lifted towards the upper chest.  Breast feeding depends on keeping the breast ducts intact and should be fine after a mastopexy.   There are board certified plastic surgeons in Seoul, S.K.  Check the International Society of Plastic Surgeons web site or the American Society of Plastic Surgery and look for a certified surgeon in your area.  Ask to meet patients, ask to see their incisions.  Meet the office staff. Ask lots of question like " How many mastopexy procedures have you done?  ".  That is more important then seeing photos....

Regards.

DG.,

David S. Goldberg, MD
Monterey Plastic Surgeon