Double eyelid surgery; 3 weeks ago made a blepharoplasty. I think I have asymmetry, what can I do? (Photos)

3 weeks ago made a blepharoplasty. I think I have asymmetry, what can I do?

It's too early to tell: healing after double eyelid surgery

It's a little too early to really tell what the final result will be like.  In the photos you're holding your brow in an elevated position which makes it appear worse than it might be in the long run.  I do see what you're talking about but give it time and I am sure it will improve.  If I see some signs of concerning asymmetry with my patients in the first few months or so I am open with them if I think an minor revision will be needed.  Revisions can usually be performed and that's usually just fine.  You will likely be able to make smalll adjustments in the future but give it 9 to 12 months.  Don't worry too much yet.  Follow up closely with your surgeon.

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too early to tell

Thank you for your question.  3 weeks is really too early to tell if the asymmetry is real or if it's due to post-operative swelling. A lot of changes will take place over the next 3-6 months.  If the asymmetry persists at 6 months, you may need to discuss the possibility of a surgical revision with your surgeon.  Hope that helps.

Goretti H. Taghva MD

Goretti Ho Taghva, MD