Is big bruises , hardness and swell normal for thigh Liposuction? (photos)

I had a 360°thigh liposuction last week. I didn't have drainage come out from the started to swell and the bruises became more on my right thigh.My left thigh has less bruises and pain compared to the right thigh.I went back to work after one week of the surgery and i couldnt take the pain above my knee from the inner right thigh.The doctor reduced alot of fat from my thighs, around 6liters.The doctor said to raise my leg up and massage.Thats the only solution and no need to worry.

Liposuction - is my result ok

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • You have had a large volume liposuction and it's all from your knees.
  • You should be wearing a toe-to-waist compression garment or ace bandages to control the swelling when you stand and walk.
  • You need your blood count checked - if you are tired, you may have lost a lot of blood.
  • You should be taking iron supplements or at least eating a high iron diet for 6 weeks
  • (eggs, red meat.)
  • You may not be able to work for 3 weeks after surgery - 
  • And yes, you should definitely keep your legs up 
  • Massage may help but may be painful and if so, is best avoided.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC

Bruising after liposuction

It looks like you developed quite a bit of bruising according to your pictures.  It is difficult to tell if you are improving over the first 9 days.  Bruising will resolve but if there is on going bleeding, this would need to be addressed.  Various compression garments can also help decrease the bruising and swelling along with avoiding certain blood thinning medications. I would continue to keep an eye on the areas closely and stay in touch with your surgeon to follow your progress.

John McFate, MD