Is big bruises , hardness and swell normal for thigh Liposuction? (photos)
Doctor Answers 2
Liposuction - is my result ok
- You have had a large volume liposuction and it's all from your knees.
- You should be wearing a toe-to-waist compression garment or ace bandages to control the swelling when you stand and walk.
- You need your blood count checked - if you are tired, you may have lost a lot of blood.
- You should be taking iron supplements or at least eating a high iron diet for 6 weeks
- (eggs, red meat.)
- You may not be able to work for 3 weeks after surgery -
- And yes, you should definitely keep your legs up
- Massage may help but may be painful and if so, is best avoided.
Bruising after liposuction
It looks like you developed quite a bit of bruising according to your pictures. It is difficult to tell if you are improving over the first 9 days. Bruising will resolve but if there is on going bleeding, this would need to be addressed. Various compression garments can also help decrease the bruising and swelling along with avoiding certain blood thinning medications. I would continue to keep an eye on the areas closely and stay in touch with your surgeon to follow your progress.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.