Underbite Treatment Without Surgery? (photos)

I have an underbite which doesn't seem to be severe to me. Is there a way that it could be corrected without surgery?

Doctor Answers 1

Correcting Underbite Without Surgery?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes, you absolutely can correct your underbite without surgery; however, you can't do it with braces alone. You will need some upper arch development and possibly some lower arch slenderizing in order to correct your underbite without surgery. 

Arch development would be done using a simple dental appliance and would take approximately a year. This would be followed by braces for approximately six months.

Good luck!

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.