I'm a saggy D cup having a Breast Lift w/ implant "for shape and upper pole fullness", will a 420cc implant make a full D? photo

I'm a saggy D cup wanting to be a perky full D so I'll be going going in soon for a breast lift with implant "silicone implant", My question is will a 420 cc silicone implant be enough turn my breast into a FULL D CUP? Will it be to bigger smaller that a D cup I don't mind be a smaller D cup as long as breast are all around full, but I do mind if my breast are bigger than a D. I don't want be bigger that a D. Thanks

I'm a saggy D cup having a Breast Lift w/ implant "for shape and upper pole fullness", will a 420cc implant make a full D?

It would be much better, since you already have a large amount of natural breast tissue, to do the lift only and see how you like it. You will almost certainly be close to a D in looks. Later if you still feel you want more volume you can do the augment. But it looks like 420cc added to what you already have will be massive.

Breast Lift with Implants

Hi Stallion,
 I would suggest you return to your doctor for a second consult.  From you photos, you appear to be heavy breasted, and therefore are a very, very challenging case.  Be sure you are seeing a board certified plastic surgeon who is a member of ASAPS and or ASPS.  You have many unanswered questions, for example, your size.  Most patients go up a cup size for about every 200 cc.  You are a D, and you want a 400.  This doesn't square, so go in and spend some time trying on implants, and look at photos on line. You need to revisit this. You may want to revisit your expectations about exactly how perky you will really will be, again, because your are so heavy breasted.  Ask to see numerous photos of your surgeon's breast lift with implants work and decide where you stand.  All the best,
"Dr. Joe"

Cup size

No online consultant can look at a photo and give you an answer about cup size with a certain implant size. Even with a personal consult- cup size prediction is pretty subjective. You  seem to have a a good size now and with a lift alone - would probably  achieve a  D cup. You might benefit from an implant but my guess is a smaller implant than 420.

Glenn Lyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

A 420 cc breast implant plus lift may be too large for you

I agree that you look very large already.  The breast lift will compress the breast tissue that you have and adding a 420 cc breast implant most likely will make you much larger then a D cup.  In addition you need to discuss with your plastic surgeon whether the combination of the breast tissue you have and a 420 cc implant will interfere with blood supply to the nipple areola can cause wound healing problems.

Breast Size After Augmentation and Lift

One of the most important decisions facing patients who undergo the combination of breast augmentation and breast lift is the size of breast implants that will be used. Most patients are striving for harmony, balance and proportion with the surrounding anatomic structures. Typically, they want a natural look with some fullness in the upper breast area.

The patient consultation is the starting point for their decision and every effort should be made to have good communication. Most patients tend to speak in terms of cup size. Unfortunately, cup size isn't always helpful because it means different things to different people. This creates confusion when cup size is used.

In an effort to determine breast size in a more objective manner, we utilize silicone sizers. External silicone sizers are designed to sit on top of the patient's breasts. They can be held against the patient's chest or placed inside the patient's bra. This technique helps the patient visualize what their breasts will look like with a specific sized implant. It also gives them a sense of the volume that will sit on their chest wall and how it feels.

Although, breast size is important, it's even more important that the breasts fit nicely upon the chest wall. For this reason, it's important to thoroughly discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon. The ability to visualize your projected surgical result with sizers alleviates much of the anxiety associated with the procedure.

Breast lift with implant. Options.

Thank you for the photos.   It looks like you would benefit from a lift. It sounds like you are getting the implant for some upper pole fullness.   Every plastic surgeon has his/her own way of measuring and determining size.  These things as well as your skin coverage and stretch need to be taken in consideration. Talk with your board certified plastic surgeon. It may be a good idea to bring him photos of breasts that you like.  Remember to be realistic. Together you will make a plan. 

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

420cc implant and breast lift

If your doctor recommended a 420cc implant along with a lift, then either he/she is very creative or very naïve. You have large volume breasts ( more like a DD), large areolas, and significant breast asymmetry. Most breast lift surgeons would have their hands full simply creating symmetry and lifting the breasts without an implant.

I understand your desire for upper pole fullness, and keeping the cup size under a DD. In your case I would reduce both breasts, reducing the right more than the left, add an implant and lift both breasts to get  lift, symmetry, and upper pole fullness. I would use a much smaller implant however, something about half that size...

Stephen W. Gordon, MD

Thank you for the question and pictures. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery/lifting ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "full D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. I ask that my patients not communicate their goals, or base their satisfaction with the outcome of surgery, on achieving a specific cup size.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. I find that the use of temporary intraoperative sizers,  utilized with the patient in the upright position, allows for precise measurements and selection of the best breast implant size/profile  to achieve patient's goals as closely as possible.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation/lifting concerns) helps.  It would behoove you to spend a lot of time learning about the combination breast augmentation/lifting surgery,  the potential risks/complications associated with the surgery;  achieving  realistic expectations prior to surgery will be an important part of the preoperative communication process.  Best wishes.

Breast lift and implant

The breast lift will shape your breasts and while implants are best at achieving an "implant look", upper pole fullness can readily be achieved with a breast lift (mastopexy) alone.  Often times surgeons will discuss using internal support by way of sutures and/or mesh or dermal matrix to provide and maintain upper pole fulllness.

420cc will add significant volume to your busts.  You should be clear what your goals are and what you are expecting after surgery in terms of breast shape as well as bust fullness and figure balance. 

Make sure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with great experience is cosmetic surgery.  The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery webstie (surgery.org) will give you a list of such surgeons in your area.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

D cup and lift with implants

You look like you have enough tissue to just have a lift. If you want an implant, an exam in person would be helpful to select the appropriate one for you.