Bonded tooth under veneer feels very different - like it is clamped down.

I have veneers and I have a dark tooth that showed through my veneer, it bothered me for years and my dentist said he could drill out part of the tooth and filled the space with a composite bonding. I unfortunately did it and my tooth has bothered me since. It's been 3 weeks ago and it still feels so strange. I want to pull the tooth out. Do you think the composite will just take more time to feel normal? I would welcome the darker tooth back at this point. Any suggestions of what I can do?

You need to discusss your concerns with the dentist who performed your work

This is a question that cannot be answered without more information.  While it is common to have sensitivity for weeks after dental treatment, any strange feeling that would make you want to "pull the tooth out" should be evaluated.  The solution could be as simple as a minor bite adjustment

Las Vegas Dentist

Still in pain #DrSarahThompson

Sorry to hear that you're in pain, but I would recommend going back to the dentist that did the filling and ask him/her to re-examine it.  You may need 1 of three things done:

#1 - Simple adjustment of the filling.  To make sure that your tooth is not hitting the opposing tooth.

#2 - Have the filling taken out and redone.

#3 - Have a root canal, then another veneer or crown placed.

I hope this has helped.  Follow me on RealSelf if you have more questions.

Discuss With Your Dentist

This question cannot be answered on this forum without more information as this is an unusual feeling that you are describing.  Bring this to the attention of your dentist and I am sure he/she can address the issue.  Good luck.