5.5 weeks post op left breast not dropping? Is it too late for the breast to drop? (Photos)

Saw surgeon he thought possible contracture, massage and wait 6 months for possible revision. Traumatized and stressed as I do not want and cannot afford another surgery. I was not allowed to massage until 2 weeks and never compression given, no surgical bra either. Started massage therapy this week with therapist. Is it to late for this breast to drop. Symmetrical prior to surgery. Now I hate my breast. Waiting can't be the only thing to do?! Help

Breast assymetry

You don't need a massage therapist to push your implant down. Use a circular motion and don't be afraid to push pretty hard. I agree with your surgeon about waiting.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

5.5 weeks post op left breast not dropping? Is it too late for the breast to drop?

You are still early in recovery and it would be very unusual to have a capsular contracture at 5-6 weeks.  I agree with your plan for aggressive massage and breast implant displacement exercises.  He can continue to soften and drop over the next 3-4 months.  If your surgeon is concerned about a capsule asked the surgeon if you can take Singulair.

Breasts not dropping

you are still early it's not too late for them to drop. Ask your surgeon about wearing a compression band over the top to help them drop quicker. I agree with not wearing a bra if you wear a bra they will stay high. Best of luck