I'm wondering if the doctor will have trouble getting my scar low since I have a long torso? What tummy tuck do I need? (Photo)

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In this regard, I recommend you Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Low incision for a tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. It does not matter how high or long your torso is. You can always place the scar as low as you want. It may however require a short vertical scar in the midline just above the pubis  (your old belly button ). In your case I think that you can get away with a low incision and no vertical scar. By the way I also think that liposuction of your flanks and upper abdomen will enhance your results. Seek information from a board certified ps who can show you excellent before and after results from photos. Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)

You are an excellent candidate for a full abdominoplasty.  The procedure involves a lower abdominal scar, as you pointed out, but the scar will usually lie right where that lower abdominal fold is, regardless of torso length.  It should be hidden by a bikini bottom; I often have patients bring that bottom to clinic to ensure my markings are within that.  I recommend a FULL abdominoplasty (versus a mini) to ensure your abdominal wall is tightened from your xiphoid (right below your ribs) all the way down to your pubis (groin).  This will restore contour.   This also will allow your surgeon to release your umbilicus and improve its appearance (smaller, superior hood).  Best of luck!

Regina M. Fearmonti, MD
New Braunfels Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and incision concerns...

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, I think you are likely an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery and should have a very nice outcome. Based on your photographs, it is hard to predict whether a vertical scar will result; much will depend on where the transverse incision is planned and technical execution of the procedure. Sometimes, especially for patients with a relatively short torso and/or minimal redundant abdominal wall skin and/or a "high riding umbilicus", a short vertical scar is necessary ( in addition to the usual transverse tummy tuck scar). This vertical scar results from closure of the previous umbilical opening and prevents excessive tension upon closer in the midline of the tummy tuck incision line. If this vertical incision is not used, patients may end up with wound healing problems and much wider scars. Sometimes these vertical scars can be revised/ removed ( usually one year or more after the tummy tuck surgery).   
Careful pre operate communication and markings (with help of swimming suit or undergarment) will be important. I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Abdominoplasty/Tummy tuck and scar

Thank-you for the pictures.  I think that the amount of skin laxity determines the location of your scar.  Since you do have good skin quality and enough skin laxity, your scar can be placed in the low bikini line.  Of course, the physical exam would be crucial to make this final determination.  Good luck with your surgery.  I expect you will have a great result!

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

What TT?

Thank you for your question and providing photos. Based on the photos provided you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full TT. The length and position of the incision will vary depending on the amount of skin removed and your skins elasticity. The resulting scar will usually be hidden by your underwear or bathing suit bottoms. I would recommend you consult with a BC PS. Best of luck

Abdominoplasty

You appear to be a good candidate for abdominoplasty. How low your scar will eventually be depends on the elasticity of the the skin above the belly button that stays behind. Most people end up with a scar that is hidden in their underwear. You should find a surgeon you feel comfortable with, and go in for a consultation so he can evaluate your skin, and you can view photos of people who have had abdominoplasties in his office.Good luck,
Greg Sexton, M.D.Columbia, S.C.

I'm wondering if the doctor will have trouble getting my scar low since I have a long torso? What tummy tuck do I need?

Thank you for your question and photographs and I think you will make an excellent full tummy tuck and waist liposuction candidate. The tummy tuck will tighten your stomach muscles, helping to achieve a flatter appearance, while removing excess skin and adipose tissue.  Liposuction can be used to enhance your tummy tuck results by narrowing your waist and removing isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant fat. Though you do have a long torso I think your incision can still be well-hidden in your undergarments.