Wanted breast augmentation for a long time now. What size for my body ? I have no clue ! And saline or silicone ? (photo)

I am a 30 year old mother of 2. I'm 5"7 and weigh about 130. I want fuller boobs and bigger of course but not pornstar big. I wear Bombshell bras from VS only to make my boobs look bigger. After kids they have no fullness at the top. And also is silicone or saline the better way to go. I'm VERY scared to be put under never have been before. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Implant selection

To choose the right implants for you, you really need to be seen in person to size you up properly. Best of luck.

Implant Size Options

Thank you for the question and photos. You appear to be starting from a good place. The best way to find out what your Implant options are is to meet with your Plastic Surgeon in person so that they can examine you and discuss your goals and expectations.

Be sure to choose a board certified Plastic Surgeon who's before and after photos appeal to you. My patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers in the office and get a feel for how they will look in a form fitting T-Shirt.

All the best

Shape versus volume

Often implants can help improve the VOLUME of a breast and they do also affect the shape of the breast, soon after surgery and even down the road. Often a mastopexy is used to change the SHAPE of a breast. Sometimes these procedures can be done at the same time and sometimes they are staged, meaning they are done at two different times. Good luck! MMT

Breast implant size is based on your breast dimensions and your desired post-op appearance. Most women choose silicone because it feels more natural and has a decreased risk of rippling and wrinkling. The good news is that you already have good symmetry and nice cleavage, so you should have a great result. After discussing your goals with your plastic surgeon and trying on implants, you should have a good idea about the right size for you. Good luck!

Breast augmentation

Choosing breast implants is a very dynamic process that involves finding the right surgeon for you. It involves building rapport, having a physical examination and detailed discussion, using 3-D simulation imaging, trying on implants and reaching Common Ground with your surgeon so that he or she understands your goals and expectations. Good luck to you

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

There are basically four decisions you have to make when considering breast augmentation.
1. Silicone or saline
2. Under the muscle or on top of the muscle
3. Where to make the incision
4. What size
You need to find a board certified Plastic Surgeon, with experience, that you feel comfortable with, and discuss what you are trying to accomplish, and he will help you with the decision making process.

Greg Sexton, M.D.
Columbia, S.C.

Wanted breast augmentation for a long time now. What size for my body ? I have no clue ! And saline or silicone ?

Thank you for your question and photographs. Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. It sounds as if it may be wise for you to "try on" several of the implants so that you can have a better visual representation as to what they would look like. The decision on which implant type to select is based on patient preference. Both types of implants are comprised of a silicone shell, but filled with different material: saline implants contain a salt-water solution, while silicone implants contain a silicone gel. Silicone implants tend to look, and feel, more natural in the body, and are lighter in weight than their saline counterparts; however, they do require a longer incision.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation. Best wishes!

Thank you for the question and photos.   Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.
Both types of breast implants are very “safe” and have been studied extensively. Each may have its “indications” and pros/cons; certain patients may do better (when it comes to achieving their goals and avoiding complications) with one type of breast implant as opposed to another.
For example, if a patient has very minimal breast or soft tissue present, I would likely recommend the use of silicone gel breast implant which tends to have fewer problems along the lines of rippling/palpability, compared to saline breast implants.
Another example: when a patient wants a "high round" look, I often recommend a higher profile silicone gel breast implant or overfilled saline filled implant. Pros/cons, including breast implant feel, should be discussed.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Wanted breast augmentation

You appear to be a very good candidate for breast augmentation. Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you. They will examine you and discuss implant as well as size options with you. There are a number of very effective ways to do this.

Very safe procedure: Breast augmentation

You are a great candidate for breast augmentation.  I would recommend silicone especially the Inspira or Sientra 107 type breast implants for more upper pole fullness.
Breast augmentation on a healthy individual is an extremely safe operation.
We have several ways to help you select your breast size.

Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS