Uneven breasts at two weeks post op. Right 325cc left 350cc, will they eventually even out? (photos)

My breast augmentation was almost 2 weeks ago. I was assymetric to begin with due to my scoliosis (corrected in 2003). My PS suggested two different sized HP silicone implants. 325CC for the right and 350CC for left breast. I have included a before and current photo. I am very concerned about the difference I am seeing at this point. I'm not expecting perfection, but will this even out to a point where there is a subtle difference? Or does a revision look possible in my future?

Breast augmentation post op

thanks for the question.

Its early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

Generally it's too early to tell if you need any revision.   It's not uncommon to have variations from one side compared to the other this early after surgery  and it will improve with time. However, if this is a relatively new finding that just occurred then it may be a sign of something that needs evaluation.   I would suggest if you are concerned then call your surgeon to be seen sooner.  Good luck. 

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

thank you for your question. Even though asymmetry after surgery is possible and normal I do have concern with your results. If the day after they look great and the same as yours did and now you have the degree of asymmetry you have , you need to be seen by your doctor. It is not normal to have a great result then become as different as your and for this reason you need to call your surgeons office and be seen. You may even want to have an ultrasound just to be sure a small hematoma did not develop as your difference appears to be a significant change since post op day one. Good luck. 

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry at two weeks expected!

for whatever reason, the two sides of our body don't always heal at the same rate.  This degree of asymmetry can be completely normal at just two weeks. However, because and internet consultation can not replace an in person exam, I recommend you see your surgeon and just make sure this is simply swelling and not a fluid collection. Best of luck, and remember, no one sees their final result for at least 3-6 months

Melinda Haws, MD

Breast hematoma ?

Dear J,

Thanks for submitting your before and after pictures. From observing your post operative picture, your left breasts is significantly bigger than your right breasts, much more than 25 cc difference in implants size can cause. I also noticed early signs of capsule contractue represented by the higher crease and sharper edge of the cleavage.

Being that you are 2 weeks after surgery, you probably have a hematoma until proven otherwise. In my practice, when such situation occurs (very rare) I take the patient to the operating  room, asap,  for evacuation of the blood clots, in order to reduce the likelihood of  capsule contracture. In your situation, capsulotomy (scar release) of the crease and cleavage area might be necessary also, for symmetry. 

In any event, you have a very good reason to be concerned and you should contact your surgeon, asap, to discuss your situation.

Dr Widder

BAM Asymmetry

You need to give it a little more time. Probably too early to judge at this point. Check back at six weeks to see if revision will be needed. Best wishes. 

Implant asymmetry

You should be seen by your surgeon to be properly evaluated. The two sides are clearly of different volume right now.

Uneven breasts at two weeks post op.

Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and/or advice. 

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

In cases where implants do not settle sufficiently or significant breast asymmetry persists, the pros/cons associated with revisionary breast surgery (for example, capsulotomy surgery for an implant that is sitting too high) should be carefully considered prior to making decisions whether or not to undergo further surgery. 

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.