Will I need another surgery? (Photos)

Had a mastopexy with BA in April. Saline under the muscle 550 moderate plus. Implants were high and laterally displaced. Had a revision with lowering of implants and capsulorrhaphy in August. At first implants were more central than they are now. Feel like implants should be more projected and more full centrally. Are they better, okay, or do I need another consult?

Another Surgery

Though I cannot examine you, your pictures give me the impression that the implants are still sitting a little high on your chest, with the breast tissue still a little lower.  However, based on your preoperative pictures, it seems that is where the base of your breast seems to sit, lower than normal on your chest.  Therefore, you have to decide if you like the fullness of the implant in the upper part of your chest; if so, don't do anything.  If you have another revision to lower the implant further, you may not be happy because now the implants may bottom out and be too low.  No matter what, go get another consult so that someone can examine you.  

Implant projection

The important thing is for you to get the type of outcome that you are looking for as long as it is attainable.  Without an exam, it is going to be difficult to get helpful information in a case like yours using online forums.  There are certainly different implants that will give you more projection, but with increased projection comes a less natural look and you need to figure out which issues are most important to you.

I recommend discussing your goals with your surgeon and listening to what she or he has to say.  Your photos look nice from my standpoint but your goals are very important, and you should see if such changes would be recommended or discouraged by your surgeon.

Dr. L

Will I need another surgery?

Without the benefit of in person exam- it's difficult to comment accurately. If you want more projection -I'd recommend going with the latest extra full profile Inspira implants.

Implant issues

If you want more projection, then you might need different implants to provide that for you. Best to be seen in person.

Will you need another surgery?

You do look better than where you started but that being said if the outcome is not what you were hoping for than surgery is the recommended procedure to get you to the point you are happy. There are many options available to improve your out come. I would suggest a second opinion from another doctor just make sure their specialty is breast or they may all accept this average result as a good result.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Revision will be necessary to achieve your goals

Hi there,

I think it is worth pointing out that there is a big difference between an outcome that shows improvement relative to the preoperative appearance, and an outcome that approximates (or nails) the patient's desired goal. From your question, it is clear that while your outcome does show improvement, you are still not where you were hoping to be. 

I do not think that anything other than operative revision is going to help you more closely approximate your goal; however, I would not feel responsible giving you more specific advice without the benefit of an in person discussion of the details of your goals, and a careful examination to help guide us on the details of the technique necessary to achieve them. Visit an experienced surgeon whose outcomes demonstrate the skill and quality you are seeking.

Will I need another revisionary breast operation?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your most recent pictures I think you have a nice outcome. Having said that, "success" is really in the eyes of the beholder.  For example, if you wish to have "more projection and more fulness centrally" then additional surgery likely be helpful.  Achieving the type of outcome you describe may require further adjustment of the breast implant capsules and/or the use of larger/more projecting breast implants. Best wishes.

Breast lift patients can't get the same fullness as tight chested folks

Breast lift patients have inherently poor skin elasticity (that's why you need a lift) and cannot expect the same kind of results as a tight chested small breasted patient. The tissues cannot hold up a full look and gravity stretches it out and fullness drops down. Your result is probably as good as it gets right now.