Slide while kickball got 12 stitches in the bottom lip after the stitches dissolve, will my lip pull back together? (photo)

Healing after Lip Suturing

It is difficult to assess the lip based off of your photo, but generally the lips heal very well. I suggest to continue following your physicians post-op protocol and follow up with him or her if you have concerns regarding healing. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip healing after sutures

The picture is hard to see. In general, lips heal extremely well after suturing. Wait about 9 months to see how it looks before thinking about a revision surgery.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Healing

Hard to see lip in photo but the lip usually heals quite well because the blood supply is very good. Start massaging the scar daily and follow your surgeon's scar care recommendations. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Slide while kickball got 12 stitches in the bottom lip after the stitches dissolve, will my lip pull back together?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph, and I am sorry to hear of your injuries.  Though your lip can not be seen in detail in your photograph it does tend to heal very well after injuries.  Assuming the appropriate alignment of your lip edges was performed you should return to your previous appearance.  Hope this helps.

Lip injury

looks like you had quite the abrasion injury as well! The lip usually heals remarkably well.  as far as swelling is concerned, remember that the lip is very sensitive.  I tell this to all my filler patients as well - think of how much the lip swells when you bite it by accident, let alone when you have an injury to it! you may or may not need a small revision at some point.  to be honest, it is way to early to even be having that discussion.  but give it a few weeks to heal and see how it does.  i always suggest you follow up with a PS to help guide you through the wound care and make sure things are healing properly.  Best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon