I'm two weeks out from rhinoplasty. How long does it take the feeling to come back to my nose?

I'm two weeks out from rhinoplasty. How long does it take the feeling to come back to my nose thanks

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Post rhinoplasty sensation

It can take six weeks to a year for the sensation to come back in the nose especially the tip. 

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sensation after Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Its normal for the nose to be numb after a Rhinoplasty surgery. It could take at least 3 months but up to 6-12 months for the feeling to come back. 

Best of luck in your recovery! 

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and sensation

Often the nose is numb after rhinoplasty. This is often due to swelling. It often gets better as the swelling subsides.

Numbness after rhinoplasty

Many times during rhinoplasty surgery, small cutaneous sensory nerves are stretched, bruised, or cut.  The nerves slowly heal and regenerate over the first 3 months. Be patient and the sensation will likely return by 3-4 months.

Nasal sensation

Thank you for your question.  It will take weeks and rarely months for the sensation to return, especially the tip.
Wish you the best!

Babar Sultan, MD
Towson Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sensation after rhinoplasty

During rhinoplasty, nerves often become stretched and can take some time to regrow and reconnect.  It depends on what technique was done (open vs. closed), what maneuvers were performed, etc.  Not only that, but each person is different from the next.  I've had patients with complex nasal reconstructions regain complete sensation after 3 weeks, and I've had simple closed rhinoplasties take 3-4 months to regain full sensation.  Hang in there! Enjoy your new nose.  I hope this helps.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon